With the boost in technological advancements nowadays, apps for almost all necessities are made. Apps include shopping, entertainment, booking, learning, etc. With the plethora of online taxi booking apps introduced in the market. For attracting and retain users you have to develop a better and unique featured enabled taxi booking app. A lot of factors are crucial for making a handy app for the customers.
Here are factors that must be kept in mind while developing a taxi booking application.
1. Simple and user-friendly interface- A taxi booking app with a simple and user-friendly interface and features can attract more customers than an app with a complex user interface. These days people prefer a user-friendly interface in an app that allows the users to perform activities comfortably. Make sure to create a simple user interface of your app that is self-explanatory so that users can simply figure out everything.2. Unique user experience from others- These days a lot of companies are launching their taxi booking apps in the market with different features to drive more customers to their apps. To have a competitive edge and make your customer loyal to your app you should also add some unique features to your app. Futuristic features such as cost control, free Wifi, etc. can also attract more customers to the apps.
3. Study your market- You should thoroughly research the targeted market and conduct a detailed market survey before starting developing a taxi booking app. This research will give a view about what type of features in an app is better for a specific set of customers. This market survey will also let you know about already existing taxi booking apps in the market providing similar services to your app. From this analysis, you can differentiate your app from others by changing your app’s design, user interfaces as well as marketing and pricing policies. This in-depth analysis will help your app outshine the competitors.
4. Keep in mind the loading time of the app- The loading time of the app plays a really important role in making the app popular and retaining customers. The user will lose interest in your app and shift on others if your app takes more time to load. Make sure to do the backend work on your app properly so it can take minimum loading time.
5. Implement an automated fare system- A Proper fare calculation system can be useful and convenient for both customer and driver as well. The total fare and negotiation after the ride can be inconvenient for both driver and customer also. That is the reason why an automated fare calculation system should be implemented in the taxi booking app. With this system, the customer will get information about the fare for the exact distance he traveled. The customer should also get multiple payment options for paying which should include cashless payments for the customer’s convenience.
6. Integrating GPS- Integrating GPS technology with Google Maps can work well for taxi booking apps. It can help find the fastest and most feasible routes for the user. It can also help the user finds the nearest available drivers as well as the estimated time of the arrival of the driver also. That is the reason why the integration of GPS with Google maps can be valuable for the user.
7. Proper Testing- Multiple error testing is one of the most important steps while developing a taxi booking app. Conducting all the error testing procedures can assure that your app works well on every platform. It will also help you understand the performance of the app as well.
8. Choose the right platform for your app- Choosing between the native and cross-platform is also one of the important factors while developing the taxi booking app. Both the platforms have their advantages. A cross-platform app is economical as you can develop the same application for all the platforms. However, it can impact the performance as well as the user experience of the app as well. On the contrary native apps are made for specific devices and provide a better user experience. However, developing native apps for each platform needs more budget and more time as compared to cross-platform apps. You can choose the platform depending on your budget and requirements.
9. Proper analytics system- A well-made analytics system can be really useful for your business as it can give insights about how the business is performing and how it will perform in the coming future. It will give information about the number of bookings and as well as other variables and parameters also. This information can be really important for identifying the loopholes and working on solutions for strengthening the business in the future.
10. Detailed research on localization- Detailed research on the local market and local requirements can be beneficial for the success of a taxi booking app. Analyzing the local market as well as existing competitors will give you a view of which features should be included in the app to drive more customers. Local market research will also help you fix the flaws of the app.
11. Opt for the latest technology- You need to be careful while choosing the technology for your app. Opt for the latest technology that will not get out of date in the coming years. App made with old technology cannot compete with the existing competitors that are using the latest technology. You should also add an auto-update feature in your app so that it can update automatically whenever the new version comes up, otherwise, you have to change the code of the app every time.
12. Good customer support system- A good customer support system is beneficial for improving the service of the app as well as making it easier for the customers to use the app. A good customer support system will make it easier for the customers to communicate with you easily. You can easily solve the problems faced by the customer and try to fix these to improve the service of your app.
Conclusion- Service-based apps particularly taxi booking apps are quite popular these days. That is the reason why you should always hire an experienced app development company like Protolabz eServices for developing taxi booking apps. The above factors will surely help you make a useful and effective app for the customers.